Headlines / NCAA

Syracuse guard Michael Carter-Williams’ house caught on fire during round of 32 game vs. Cal

03/24/2013 at 10:00 am By

Michael Carter Williams house fire

Jim Boeheim and his Syracuse Orange basketball team advanced to the Sweet 16 on Saturday night with a 66-60 victory over the Cal Golden Bears.

Syracuse’s star player this season has been their point guard, Michael Carter-Williams, and his family was gathered in his home in Hamilton, Massachusetts to watch him play in the NCAA Tournament.

What should have been a fun and memorable moment turned into something completely different when a house fire started in the home.

WCVB in Boston reported the story, saying:

Flames began shooting through the roof of the Cutler Road home of Mandy Carter-Zegarowski, the mother of Michael Carter-Williams, at about 10:15 p.m.

Firefighters had a difficult time dousing the flames because of heavy smoke but were able to get it under control after a couple of hours. They believe the blaze started in a wood stove outside.

The report went onto say that no one in the fire was injured. Carter-Williams also tweeted out a response to people and fans that had heard about the fire:

In their victory over Cal, Carter-Williams scored 12 points on 4-8 shooting. It’s unclear whether he knew of the fire at that time or not. If he did, though, that’s one tough kid.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by

Tags: , , , ,


One Comment

  1. AAA Sports Memorabilia

    on 03/25/2013 - Reply

    What a tragedy. Sure he did not know about the fire until after the game. Glad to hear that no one was hurt.

Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>